Jose Da Rocha
“Sorry Jose, I can’t train tonight because
it’s Taco Tuesday at el Loco.”
– Michael Luca
Jose is a real life daddy and one of our original coaches who joined the founding crew at Surry Hills in 2014. Before that, he started his career in 2007 and since then has continued to offer a high level of service and energy.
As a young man, Jose excelled in football and Athletics representing the state for both. His favourite kind of training is an old school lifting session in an awesome environment with banging tunes, heavy weights and lots of smiles.
– Speed Agility and Quickness
– Sports-specific Strength and Conditioning
– Fat Loss and Body Composition
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
– Cert III & IV in Fitness
– Certified Football Grass Roots Coach
– Certified Swimming Coach
– Certified Rugby Grass Roots Coach
– Coached and developed PDHPE high school curriculum for two elite Sydney schools
– Competed in Athletics and Football for over 20 years
3 FUN FACTS
1. I once worked as a clown (bobo) at a childhood centre. I learnt to juggle with my hands and my feet. Now I just juggle my responsibilities.
2. I could watch an Antiques Roadshow marathon over a night out any day. But I would love a night out.
3. I used to write poetry. I actually had one published in a magazine as a kid and I still know it.
WHAT JOSE’S CLIENTS SAY
“I have trained with and known José now for over 8 years. I joined Fitness Playground from the day it opened and had previously had some bad experiences with trainers. The usual, lack of interest, professionalism, empathy etc. José was different from day 1. He cared about what I actually wanted, my body type, my lifestyle, my limitations. I could never imagine being where I am without him.”
“I met José in Surry Hills one day in Athletica Strength. His energy and genuine interest in helping the members is why I chose him as my coach. He even convinced me to follow him to Thailand for a 2 week fitness camp which literally changed my life and made me love the gym again. He is more than a coach, more than a trainer. He is Fitness Playground.”