“Not all those who
wander are lost…”
– J.R.R. Tolkien
Joey Bowling, The Bunker’s Group Fitness Manager, Fighting Fit Head Coach, Bunker OG, and our very own Mr. Motivator.
Through his knowledge and experience of combat and conditioning in Boxing, Muay Thai, Football (Soccer), and American Football, he creates challenging yet fun workouts in both group and individual sessions. This is accompanied by his passion for fitness and the ability to get the best performances out of people from all backgrounds. Whether you want to lace up some gloves and go a few rounds or load up the bar and lift a few pounds, Joey can cover all bases while putting smiles on your faces.
Beware, he may be smiling but that doesn’t mean he’ll go easy on you, some may say it’s the smile of a sadist.
– Strength Development & Physical Conditioning
– Boxing/Muay Thai Technique & Fitness
– Mental Strength, Building Confidence & Loving Relationship with Fitness
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
– Cert III & IV in Fitness
– Certified Sports Coach
– Experienced & Certified Muay Thai/Boxing Trainer
– Athletic background with University level experience playing Football, Basketball & American football
– Amateur Muay Thai/Boxing Competitive background
3 FUN FACTS
1. I am currently an advocate for Optus Sport and recently had the opportunity to coach some of Australia’s Paralympians to deliver content through the Optus Sport fitness stream.
2. I used to be part of a dance team and competed in various competitions including Hip Hop/Street Dance, Jazz and Cheerleading. I’m also prone to busting out a few moves, even mid workout.
3. I used to live in Jamaica & had Usain Bolt as my next door neighbour. While in Jamaica I was running a family owned nightclub that was voted Kingston’s Best Club in 2012.
WHAT JOEY’S CLIENTS SAY
“Where do I begin? From the minute I walked into The Bunker gym, Joey immediately made me feel like part of the Bunker family. His warmth and smile are infectious but don’t let that fool you. Behind that smile is a guy who enjoys pushing you physically and mentally to help you achieve your goals.
Whether it’s a one on one boxing session or a group Athletica class, Joey always finds that sweet spot between challenging and fun! I’ve seen a massive improvement in my all-round fitness and boxing skills since I started training with Joey and that’s due to the high standards he sets for myself and those he trains. Great trainer. Great guy. Great friend.”
“I’ve been working with Joey as my Personal Trainer for nearly two years now and would recommend him in a second. Joey’s approach to training is full of enthusiasm and energy, balanced with a deep understanding of the physiology of fitness. Joey is constantly updating his skills and knowledge, ensuring the training programs he creates are up to date with current best practice. One of the best things about training with Joey is his attention to detail and focus on what matters for the individual client. Rather than ‘off the shelf’ programs, Joey works with his clients to create bespoke work plans that are tailored to each client’s fitness level, goals, and specific circumstances.
Joey has a fantastic sense of humour and training with him is genuinely fun, he uses his sense of humour and his infectious enthusiasm to motivate you throughout training. He also works to keep you honest to yourself; in terms of your training, your progress, your diet, and your goals.
If you are looking for a trainer who will make training fun whilst ensuring you smash your goals; choose Joey.”
“For someone who has swiped their way through different gyms and trainers like Tinder, I think I’ve finally found my match! Joey is without a doubt the best trainer I have ever worked with. He is motivating, encouraging, and makes me feel incredibly comfortable as I work my way through different training styles and build my strength. And let’s not forget to mention just how fun he is! I don’t think I’ve had one session where I haven’t laughed – even on Monday mornings after death by the assault bike!
Gyms can be a daunting experience for females, and heavy weights are something I would never consider going near. But Joey has guided and supported me in a way that I now feel comfortable to hold my own amongst the big boys! Joey is also a great friend with a listening ear and I genuinely couldn’t recommend him anymore! I have loved training alongside him for the last 7 months and I look forward to many more!”